The Hurricane Resource Center, managed by the City of Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications and the Department of Family and Support Services, opened Thursday, November 2, 2017 in the Humboldt Park Field House at 1400 N. Sacramento Ave.
It is staffed two days a week on Mondays and Tuesdays from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM through November.
- Services at the center include:
- Access to City services
- Enrollment in school programs from early childhood through adult education
- Access to food and clothing through social services
- Medical needs support
- Housing information
- Workforce opportunities
- Access to social security services, and
- Access to FEMA
- When the Center is closed evacuees can still access services by:
Federal Information Overview
- Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) has been APPROVED by FEMA through March 20, 2018
- Eligibility Criteria
- Please visit: https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/10/30/4339/transitional-sheltering-assistance-available-residents-puerto-rico-displaced
- Disaster Assistance applicants who are in the Continental United States are eligible
- How to sign up
- Call centers are open daily from 6:00AM – 10:00PM (Central Time) for those seeking assistance
- Computers are available at the Hurricane Resource Center to sign up for assistance
- FEMA Overview of Assistance Link: https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/10/30/4339/housing-resources-residents-puerto-rico-displaced-hurricanes-irma-and-maria
- This link provides an overview of all services provided by FEMA once applicants apply to www.disasterassistance.gov
- Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) Information:
- To find a hotel, links are identified below.
- It is important for anyone participating in the program to ensure eligibility through www.disasterassistance.gov and contact hotels to ensure participation in the FEMA-TSA program.
- Contact FEMA directly for any questions.
- Transitional Shelter Assistance Hotel List: http://www.femaevachotels.com/index.php
- Please call ahead to hotels to ensure they are participating in the FEMA – TSA Program